Monday, February 25, 2013

This is SPARTA!!





This was another weekend of racing for me.  I am proud to say I am now officially a SPARTAN.  Team Dynasty and I went to Miami and did the Super Spartan, an 8+ mile race with over 25 obstacles.  I wasn't at my best on this race and I know where I went wrong.  While I haven't gone back to horrible eating (fast food and processed junk), I wasn't  at 100% in the nutrition area leading up to this weekend.  I REALLY struggled with the running.  I felt good in the beginning, but lost steam after I failed the monkey bars obstacle and had to do 30 burpees.  For those of you that have never heard of a burpee, let's just say they are no joke!!  You crouch down, jump back to a plank, do a push up, jump back to the crouch and jump up in the air.   After all that craziness, I had a hard time getting back into a groove.    There was  A LOT of trail running too.  I'm not a great runner, so the up and down, uneven ground and dodging branches made a difficult workout even tougher.  I had to do another 30 burpees when I couldn't get up the rope climb (noticing a trend here? I need more upper body strength!). 

Even though this was not my best race, I still had a great time.  I realized if I want to continue in this sport I have to really take it seriously.   I don't want to continue spending my time and money on racing if I am not performing.  So...since quitting isn't an option, it's time to step it up!  I will be continuing my workouts, adding some running on strength training days and eating clean.  I still some work to do before I feel confident enough to run a competitive heat on my own.   But I will get there...

I've added a few of my favorite pictures from the race below.  As always, if you are interested in learning more about how you can change your life, both inside and out, feel free to respond to this blog or contact me at erinkterry@hotmail.com, coacherinterry@gmail.com, erinkterry@beachbodycoach.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com.erinkterry.

















No comments:

Post a Comment