Sunday, April 14, 2013

Savage Race Spring 2013

Yesterday was an AWESOME day!!  Savage Race has been one of my favorite OCR's so far.  I'm not sure why, but I really like the course and the obstacles.  The last time I did Savage was in the fall of 2012.  I did good, but there were a few obstacles I wasn't able to finish.  A balance beam called Nut Smashers and a half pipe wall called Colossus.   The balance beam got me last time, but this race, I nailed it.  As soon as I finished I did a little happy dance and that pumped me up for the rest of the course.


Coming in to this race, I didn't care what I did on any other obstacle, I WAS going to get to the top of Colossus if it killed me!   Last fall, I tried 4 times to get up and couldn't grab the rope.   Leading up to the race I visualized myself going up that wall a million times.  As my team approached the wall, several people started encouraging me and said "this is it", "you are getting up this wall".   Again, I visualized myself climbing the wall and celebrating at the top.   Finally it was my turn.  I ran as hard as I could and got the rope.  I remember thinking, "I'm really gonna do this!!".  I pulled myself up as far as I could and then told the guys standing up at the top that I needed help.    Well, they weren't all that much help and I fell all the way back to the bottom.    I waited a few minutes, caught my breath and tried it again.  This was going to be the last attempt, so I had to do it this time.  I got the rope again and started to climb.  This time I was a little more "stern" with the guys up at the top and said "I need you to pull me up NOW!".  The lead guy was telling the others to "go slow".   I was not going to the bottom of the damn wall again so I yelled "PULL ME UP NOW!!"  Needless to say that got their attention and the next thing I knew I was standing at the top of the wall!!!!!!!   I have not felt that much relief and pride in awhile!   My team was yelling and cheering me on the entire time!

One of my teammates and partner Kirsten, made this for me and posted it on my Facebook wall.  I LOVE IT!!






As always, I could not make it through these races without my friends on Team Dynasty!!  Everyone works together and makes sure we are all finishing together.  I wish a I had a pic of all of us, 

but it can get a little crazy after a race and we couldn't find everyone.




If you are interested in getting into the best shape of your life, running your first OCR or starting a fitness journey, I would love to help.  Respond to this blog or contact me at www.erinkterry@hotmail.com, www.fb.com/erinkterry or www.fb.com/coacherinsmotivationstation

Thanks for reading and have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment