Saturday, October 6, 2012

Welcome!

Hi!
I'm Erin Terry and this is my very first blog!!  I am so excited to be sharing my journey to fitness with you.  I have struggled with my weight all my life (I remember going on my first diet in 5th grade).  Things didn't really get out of hand until a few years ago when I decided to move away from everything and everyone I knew.  I wanted an adventure.  So I moved to North Carolina and started working as a home based family therapist.   What I got was a miserable job and life and over 100 extra lbs.  I realized that I needed to come back home (Indiana) and get my big self together.   A friend of my mom invited me to her gym and I quit eating fast food for every meal (Yes, EVERY MEAL).  I eventually lost that extra 100lbs, but I still wasn't where I wanted to be.  Fast forward a few years...I moved to Florida to be closer to my parents who had been here for about 3 years.  I decided this was going to be the time that I changed myself and became the person I had wanted to be all my life.  I invested thousands of dollars in a trainer and nutritionist.  I learned a lot from both experiences, but I still wasn't where I wanted to be.  I was still overweight and had low self-esteem.  My weekends consisted of sitting on my couch alone watching movies or tv and feeling miserable.   I had seen infomercials for Insanity and thought, "Hey, I've worked out hard with a trainer and even ran (well...jogged or walk-hopped) a couple of 5K's, I can keep up with this!".  I made it one month and gave up.  Several months later, some more weight gain and misery added, I decided to try again.   This time I was going to finish, if it killed me!!  The difference this time was that I stepped out of my comfort zone and decided to join 813 Fit Club.  This was like nothing I had every seen before.  It was a group of Beachbody coaches offering FREE workouts to people just to help keep them motivated.  Long story short, I am now officially an Insanity Graduate!!  There are not enough words in the world to describe how much these amazing people are helping me change my life.  I am trying things I NEVER thought I would do.  I ran a 6.4 mile obstacle course race a few weeks ago.  It was the most challenging thing I've ever done, physically and mentally.  But with the help of this amazing group, I FINISHED!!!!!!  I am now signed up for 2 more this month, 1 5k in November and 1 in December.  I even posted a video on YouTube and I'm starting this blog.  I decided I wanted to pay forward the amazing gift I was given, so in July 2012, I became a Beachbody coach.  I've not met my goals yet, but I'm closer than I have ever been IN MY LIFE!!   In a few weeks I will be starting P90X (gotta finish my current program, ChaLean Extreme first).  It is my goal to make this the program that gets to my final goal.  I will follow this program to a T.  No cheating, period.  I'm sure I will have some rough times, but there isn't a thing worth having that comes easy.  I've decided to document this process through this blog and YouTube videos.   I am seeing real results in my body; results I have been after for years.  But more importantly, I am starting to see myself in a positive way for the first time I think since I was a kid.  This experience is changing me inside and out.  I don't want this blog to be all about Beachbody, but since it is the company that is changing my life, I will talk quite a bit about it.  If you are interested in joining me on my journey, feel free to respond to this blog or contact me at erinkterry@beachbodycoach.com or check out my website http://www.BeachBodyCoach.com/erinkterry
 

No comments:

Post a Comment