Sunday, November 11, 2012

I LOVE MUD!







Yesterday I ran my 4th mud run/obstacle course race, the Pretty Muddy Women's Race.  It was a lot of fun and probably the muddiest one I've done yet!  If you have never done one of these races, I really recommend you find one and just do it.  You will be surprised at how you do.  I had 2 new friends run this with me and it was the first time they had ever done something like this.  I warned them ahead of time and said that they will love every nasty, dirty moment and will probably want to do another one as soon as they got done that day.  Sure enough, both loved it and asked me about upcoming races I knew about.  It was cool to be on the other side and be the one helping and coaching rather than having someone do that for me.  
I didn't have a set plan for what this blog was going to be about, but I think as I started to write it came to me.  I love coaching and helping other people.  My day job is helping teenagers deal with the struggles that they go through every day and my second job as a Beachbody Coach is to help encourage and motivate others to be reach their full potential, not only physically, but mentally as well.  The best advice I can give to anyone trying to get healthy, lose weight or make other positive changes in your life is to never do it alone.  There will be times that you wonder what in the world made you think you wanted to or were capable of reaching the goals you set for yourself.   You have to have a support network, success partner or coach to remind and encourage you when you struggle.  You also have to have those people around you to celebrate the successes that will come if you put your mind to making a change.  I've recently made some new friends that have helped me realize that I don't have to be perfect, I just have to be me and that is enough.  I will get to my goals because I want to and I can.   I hope that I am inspiring others to make changes in their lives as well, 'cause I'll tell ya, being where I'm at now vs. where I was even just 6 months ago is a much easier way to live.  
If you are in need of that success partner, coach, friend or support network, don't hesitate to ask me.  I would love to help you reach your goals.  As I've said in previous posts, I'm not where I want to be yet, but I'm a hell of a lot closer now that I have ever been in my life.   I won't have all the answers for you, but I promise I will help you, however I can in your journey to be your best you.
To reach me, feel free to respond to this blog, or contact me at coacherinterry@gmail.com, erinkterry@hotmail.com, erinkterry@beachbodycoach.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/erin.terry.3956

As always, thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Erin, you are a huge inspiration and it's great to see your progression. I always look forward to your posts and I can't wait to see where we are another few months down the road. Keep up the awesome work! See you at Fit Club Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matthew!! Same to you!! Watched your Kenpo video earlier. Nice job! Those jabs at the end get ya pumped, huh??

    ReplyDelete