Sunday, November 4, 2012

Just do it...

This has been the weekend I've needed the past few weeks.  On Friday, I ran a 5k race (Richard's Run for Life).  The last official 5k I did was over a year ago and I finished in over 42 min.  This time my goal was 35-36 min.  I KNEW my body could do it.  The only thing that would stand in my way was my own mind.  I was a nervous wreck driving to Ybor City, FL to get ready for the race.  I kept thinking I've run 6 mile obstacle course races, been shocked, jumped over fire, wandered through the wilderness and I'm afraid of a 5k run????  I had that goal set in my mind and I was going to do DO IT.  I am proud to say that I ran the whole time and kept a good steady pace.  According to my RunKeeper app, I finished in 35:40!!!!  I will continue to work until my time is under 30 min.  But coming from a person (just a year or two ago) that thought no one should run unless being chased by something or someone big and mean to be LOOKING FORWARD to setting personal records (and reaching those goals)....Wow, what a change huh?

I spent my day yesterday at a Beachbody Leadership Conference.  I wish I could attend events like this every weekend.  They get me pumped up not only to improve my ability to be  a coach and help others the way I have been (and continue to be) helped, but to keep moving on in my own journey.  The majority of the day was centered around learning from the top leaders in this company.  Toward the end of the conference there was a video shown that I have to share here.  It is a motivational speech by Art Williams about how to succeed in business.  However, I think this message can be applied to ANY GOAL you have in life.  Seriously, take the 5 min to watch it, you will be inspired and it will make you laugh.  Here is the link.  http://youtu.be/TU7Y6HiLXto 

After meeting part was over, we got to hear from Sagi Kalev, the creator of Body Beast.  He talked about his journey starting out as a "geek" to being the success that he is today.  After his speech, we got to do a workout with him.  The last part involved doing these moving push-ups across the conference room (seemed like a professional sized football field toward the end!!).  I did pretty good the first half, then I started to struggle. Before I knew it, I had a crowd of people around me, down on their hands and knees cheering me on.  I looked over and I kid you not Sagi himself, was down on the ground next to me screaming at me to continue, to not give up, to be a BEAST.  For a split second I got really embarrassed.  I couldn't see around me and thought I was the last to finish in my group.  My old tape started playing and I thought these people are only cheering me on 'cause I'm the big girl and they don't think I can do it.  As I listened to them more than that damn tape, I started to realize, NO...they are cheering you on because they want you to succeed.  They see you struggling, but know, just like anyone else in that room, you are CAPABLE of finishing the task. 
Here are some pictures of what that experience was like (they won't do it justice though!)

And finally, a pic of me and Sagi after the workout!




So, like I said before this weekend really good for me in a lot of ways.  I am still a work in progress, but I am turning into a BEAST and like Art Williams says, I'm going to "Just do it and do it and do it and do it, until the job gets done".  If you are interested in joining me in my journey, learning more about Beachbody coaching or just need some encouragement, feel free to respond to this blog or contact me at erinkterry@beachbodycoach.com, coacherinterry@gmail.com or find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/erin.terry.3956


No comments:

Post a Comment