Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dreams and New Beginnings


This is my Dream Board for 2013.  I feel a little vulnerable sharing this, but I think it is important.   I think we all have goals and dreams that we keep hidden away because we are afraid of what others will think of us if we let them be known.  This exercise was strongly recommended by one the top coaches in Team Dynasty (my Beachbody team).    I have done one of these before, but for this one, I decided I needed to dig deep and figure out what I REALLY want.  After much thought, the above is what I came up with.  I have printed out several copies and have them hanging around my apartment (and even made it the desktop pic for my laptop).  These are goals and dreams that I know I can accomplish and when met, will change my life.    I REALLY THINK EVERYONE NEEDS A DREAM BOARD.   There are tons of sites, but I made this one on Oprah.com.  It is actually kind of fun to make because you get to mess around with different themes, add pics and make truly your own.  Making a dream board for yourself will help you focus on what you REALLY want in life.  As I've said before, I am a recovering all or nothing thinker ;) and I tend to get overwhelmed when I think about all the things I want to do and accomplish.  This board helps me see it all at once and helps me remember the important things in my life.  Try making one for yourself, you might be surprised at what you come up with. 


As some of you know I have been doing the P90X program.  After much thought, I have decided to put it on hold and focus 100% of my attention on nutrition.  I struggled with feeling like I "failed" P90x.  However, I WILL restart it and FINISH it.    I have worked hard over the last several years to make physical activity a daily part of my life.  I have also worked hard to change my eating habits.  While I have made HUGE STRIDES I still have some work to do.  I want to be at the place where I EAT TO LIVE, rather than LIVE TO EAT.  So...I'm investing 3 weeks to the Beachbody Ultimate Reset.  I will be taking these 21 days to learn how to eat and feed my body with the nutrition it needs.  It feels very strange to say that I am going to learn how to eat, but truthfully, I still struggle with making good choices and still use food as a coping skill rather than fuel for my body.  I am making this commitment and will be starting next Sunday.  Yes, that is right, I will be on a strict cleanse over Christmas and New Year's.  No holiday candy, fancy Christmas dinner or drinks on New Year's.  Someone asked if I should wait until the new year to start.  I seriously considered it.  However, I have been waiting for my life to be what I want it to be for way too long.  I can sacrifice one Christmas dinner and one night of drinking if it will get me closer to my goals.  I am nervous, but I owe this to myself.  I  have been on this journey for 4 or 5 years now.    I know to stay fit, this will have to be a lifelong, lifestyle change.  I'm ready for that.  I think I've proved how badly I want this over the last few years.   But, I am ready to cross the "finish line" and be at my goal weight.   I'll keep you posted on how it goes.





If you are interested in learning more about the Ultimate Reset, need an accountability partner or coach, please feel free to respond to this post or contact me at erinkterry@beachbodycoach.com, coacherinterry@gmail.com or erinkterry@hotmail.com.  You can also find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/erin.terry.3956


No comments:

Post a Comment