Sunday, December 30, 2012

See ya 2012!

As I sat down to write this blog, I realized it was the last one for 2012, so I decided to look back at the last year and think about all I've done and what I have to do in 2013.  I started out 2012 about 20lbs heavier and pretty miserable.  I had no friends here, all of mine are still back in Indiana.  So most of my evenings and weekends were spent sitting on my couch watching tv waiting for my life to start.  I was sad a lot and felt like things were never going to work out for me the way that I wanted them to.  Then in the spring, I decided I would try Insanity by Beachbody.  I had worked out with a trainer and thought I could handle it.  I did ok the first month, but quit at month 2 because the workouts became even more INSANE.  I doubted myself and let that doubt keep me from accomplishing a goal.  At the beginning of the summer, I thought I would try again and promised myself that no matter how many breaks I had to take, no matter how much it hurt, or even on some days how much I hated it, I would finish Insanity.  During that time I also joined Meet-up.  A way to find people interested in the same things I was so I could finally (after 2 years of living here) create a social life for myself.  I went to a few events, but none of them really clicked.  I kept looking at 813 Fit Club and thinking, "maybe one day I can try that".  I finally got the courage after about 2 months of looking at the site to try it out.  That one decision, I TRULY believe has been a life-changer.  I went to a few workouts and met my coach Arnel.  I'm sure I've talked about this before, but explaining how motivating this group is nearly impossible because there aren't enough words.  I was welcomed from day 1.  In July, I decided I wanted to be a coach like Arnel, because I wanted to pay forward what this group had given me in such a short time.  Beachbody coaches are meant to be your greatest encouragement and give you a kick in the ass when you need it.  Arnel has pushed me to do things I have never dreamed of doing.  I started this blog, I FINISHED Insanity and ChaLean Extreme and ran 8 races (most of the obstacle course races).   I've been busier than I have ever been in my life, doing things I enjoy and meeting some AMAZING people.  I've still had my ups and downs and there are some regrets about not pushing myself as much as I possibly could to reach goals I set for myself. 
 On January 1, I will be starting Chalene Johnson's 30 Day Push Challenge.  This program is about setting goals and priorities and making the life that you dream of.  It is about taking the time to really think about what you want for yourself and taking the steps to make it happen.  I can't wait for this program to start.  I have a REALLY good feeling about what it will do for me. 
 As I sit here writing this, I am PROMISING myself and everyone reading this that 2013 is Erin Terry's year.  I have 3 fitness goals that I will reach (meet my goal weight of 165, run a competitive heat in an obstacle course race and restart and finish P90X).  But I also have some goals that aren't necessarily fitness related.  I WILL continue to grow my Beachbody business so I can help people like me figure out a better way to live.  I WILL continue to work on expanding my social life instead of waiting for it to come to me.  But most importantly, I will be working on training my mind as hard as I've tried to train my body.  I'm a therapist that works with teenagers and I try to help them change the way they see life so they can be successful and overcome any stressors or hardships.  Well...I haven't been doing the same for myself.  I am easily stressed and let my anxieties and worries get the best of me.  I am far better at this than I was several years ago, but I have a long way to go.  I still have a voice in the back of my head that tells me "you can't do this", "nobody cares", "you are SO gonna mess this up", etc, etc, etc.  I still let that voice rule my life.  By the end of 2013, that voice will be so small that I won't be able to hear it.   I know that I will still have bad days and doubt myself..that is a part of life.  But I WILL NO LONGER ALLOW those bad days and doubts to be WHO I AM.   This will probably be the hardest thing I have ever tried to do, but I WILL DO IT.   So, bring it on 2013, I'm ready for ya!!

As always, thanks for taking the time to read my blog.  If you are interested in joining me on your own journey to a healthy life (physically and mentally), then feel free to comment on this blog or contact me at coacherinterry@gmail.com, erinkterry@hotmail.com, erinkterry@beachbodycoach.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/erin.terry.3956.  Looking forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment