Sunday, December 2, 2012

TOUGH MUDDER...HOORAH!!!


So this entry will be all about one of the most AMAZING experiences of my life...TOUGH MUDDER!!!  This was my 5th obstacle course race, but this one was by far the best.  It was around 11 miles of running, climbing 200 ft walls (not really, but at the top of those bad boys, it sure seemed like it!!!), jumping into ice baths, climbing through mud, and getting literally electrocuted!!! It was brutal but I have never been so proud of myself and a group of my friends EVER.  TEAM DYNASTY CONQUERED that BEAST of a challenge.  To my partners and teammates, Kris, James and of course Arnel (one of my heroes) and all the other Team Dynasty Mudders...HOORAH!!!  I am so proud to know each and every one of you.  I think each one of us brings something to this team and together, we were unstoppable yesterday!!!

I was terrified that I was going to not make it through.  This race is NO JOKE and I knew it was going to take every ounce of grit I had.  I'm proud to say I was able to keep up with my team and felt SO STRONG the entire time.  I even remember when I saw the mile marker for I think mile 10, I literally got sad because if was almost over.  SERIOUSLY???  We had been out there for around 3 hours.   I wanted MORE.  Don't know if my body could have done more, but my heart wanted more.   As I'm writing this I feel that burn in the back of my throat.  You know the one you get right before you burst into tears?  I've had some definite ups and downs over my journey, but yesterday ranks in the top 5 of my best days ever.  I'm not a religious person at all.  But I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be.   God, the universe or whatever it was, sent me to this amazing team and group of people.  I've only known most of them for about 6 months, but what they have given to me in that short amount of time...I will be forever grateful.  I hope each and every one of you reading this has that kind of support group around you.  It truly is life changing. 

If you are interested in learning more about me, my team or how we train for these BADASS challenges, feel free to contact me at erinkerry@hotmail.com, coacherinterry@gmail.com, erinkterry@beachbodycoach.com or respond to this blog post.  I'm also on facebook at www.facebook.com/erin.terry.3956

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could've been there... I'll definitely try to make the next Tough Mudder. I know it's still a ways away, but the next race I'm registered for is the Mott Grit in Tampa in April. Think you're gonna make that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do a Tough Mudder Matthew, we are doing one in May in Jacksonville. Thought you loved Savage??? This race will blow your mind! I'm already signed up for Mott Gritt. Looking forward to racing with ya again!

    ReplyDelete