Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!!

Early Merry Christmas to everyone!  Hope you all get to spend the holidays with the people you love the most.

This will be a very different Christmas for me this year.  Usually, I splurge and eat anything (and everything) in sight.  I always end up feeling sick and gross because of all the candy and other goodies I overindulged in.  The holidays are a time full of food.  I can remember as a little girl my Grandma Wilma would cover her washer and dryer with a pretty Christmas tablecloth and COVER the top with all the candy she had made.  My favs were Buckeyes (balls of peanut butter dipped in melted chocolate, OMG, they were AMAZING!).  I would spend most of the day when I was little going back and forth to that room to grab as many pieces of candy as I could.   Even after my grandma passed, I still gorged...

 My weight has always been an issue around Christmas.  Some years I would be very excited and would ask for tons of new clothes because I was feeling thin that year.  Others, I spent thinking I didn't deserve cute or pretty clothes because of how fat I had let myself get.  I remember some years that I got clothes that were too small, but my mom would always tell me to keep them and when I lost weight (I've been on and off diets since 5th grade) they would fit.  Sometimes that happened, others, it didn't. 

This year, things will be as they never have been before.  I am starting a new tradition for myself and hope to maintain it for the long term.  I've been on Beachbody's Ultimate Reset, for a week.  It's a cleanse that gets your body back to the way it should function.  I've been eating tons of veggies, fruit, whole grains and proteins.  At this point in the cleanse I am eating a vegetarian diet.  By the end, vegan.   I feel REALLY GOOD!  I have stuck to the plan perfectly and I am happy to say I've lost 8.2 lbs and 6.25 inches.  IN ONE WEEK!!!  I know a lot of it is water weight, but dammit, it's 8lbs in a week!! :) I fully intend to stick to the plan on Christmas day.  There will be no candy, starchy foods filled with butter and no drinking.  I know it will be hard, but I have made a commitment to others and most importantly, myself, that I will see this through. 

I think the most important thing I'm getting from this reset is I am finally learning how to eat.  I know that sounds crazy.  31 years old and doesn't know how to eat...really have you looked in a mirror, pretty sure you know how its done!  What I mean is eating to live, not living to eat.  I have started to feel a shift in my brain over the last almost 8 days.  I have had times when I wanted something sweet or off of the plan, but the craving went away really fast.  I'm trying (and liking) foods I've never had before.  Perfect example...one evening for dinner I had what was called the Roasted Root Medley with Toasted Millet.  WHAT??  Never before would I have even tried something like that, let alone really like it.  I'm noticing the tastes of food like I never have before.  When I eat junk, I just shove it in and don't really pay attention.  On this reset, I literally feel my taste buds changing.  

There are some downsides to the cleanse.  It is pricey and time consuming.  However, what I am gaining from it is worth every penny and every second.  The supplements that come with it don't taste that great, either.  I told one person it tasted like taking a bite out of my front yard!   But....again, I know that the supplements are adding things to my body that have been missing for a long time.  So I chug the green stuff and move on, knowing what it is doing for me.

So again, thanks for reading and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!!

If you are interested in learning more about this cleanse or any other Beachbody products or if you need a coach to help you through your journey to a healthy life, feel free to contact me at this blog, erinkterry@hotmail.com, coacherinterry@gmail.com, erinkterry@beachbodycoach.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/erin.terry.3956




No comments:

Post a Comment